Fairfax County Board of Supervisors:
HooraY! Fairfax Board of Supervisors Passed the Stepping Up Initiative on June 3, 2015! THE INITIATIVE IS A RESOLUTION agreeing to take the following steps:
- CONVENE or draw on a diverse team of leaders and decision makers from multiple agencies committed to safely reducing the number of people with mental illnesses in jails.
- COLLECT and review prevalence numbers and assess individuals' needs to better identify adults entering jails with mental illnesses and their reecidivism risk, and use that baseline information to guide decision making at the system, program, and case levels.
- DEVELOP a plan with measurable outcomes that draws on the jail assessment and prevalence data and the examination of available treatment and service capacity, while considering identified barriers.
- IMPLEMENT research-based approaches that advance the plan.
- CREATE a process to track progress using data and information systems, and to report on successes.
DROP OFF CENTERS
INCREASED Community mental health program funding
Police training, to include but not limited to CIT